You may want to present your donors with the choice of making a one-time or recurring gift on your donation forms. Impact Designer allows you to create donation forms that support both gift types.
Depending on who your target audience is, you can customize the suggested donation amounts displayed on the form. Suggested donation amounts can be influential in encouraging donors to upgrade their gifts. While a donor may choose to make a one-time gift of a higher amount, they may be hesitant to commit to a recurring gift at the same amount. Therefore, the ability to switch the suggested donation amounts based on gift type is valuable.
We've added a new form control called "One Time vs. Recurring Amounts" in Impact Designer which allows you to configure different suggested amounts based on gift type. In this article, we will cover how to add the control to your form and how to configure the suggested donation amounts.
We recommend that you start by creating two (2) Data Lists (if they don't already exist) containing the suggested amounts you would like to display as options on the form for one-time and recurring gifts, before you add the control on the form.
Remove Default Donation Amount Toggle Buttons
A form can only have one amount control. Since you are going to be adding the One Time vs. Recurring Amount control on the form, you would need to first remove the existing Amount Toggle buttons that are part of the stock form. To do so, simply click on the Amount Toggle Button control to select it and then click on Delete at the bottom of the Properties Panel on the right.
Add a One Time vs. Recurring Amount Control on the Form
Once you've removed the default Donation Amount Toggle buttons, you can now add the One Time vs. Recurring Amount control on the form.
1) From the control panel on the left, under "Form Fields", drag the "One Time vs Recurring Amounts" control to your desired area on the form.
2) A Properties Wizard will open on the screen. Search for the Data Lists you would like to use for one-time and recurring donations. A preview of each data list will be displayed under the Data List you select. Next, click on Add to Form.
3) The One Time vs. Recurring Amounts control will now be displayed on the form. Click on the One Time vs. Recurring Amount control to select it and you can customize the field from the Properties Panel on the right.
For example, you may want to change the label alignment so that the "Amount" label appears on top of the amount buttons. You may also choose to adjust the width of the control so that both the Amount buttons and the "Other" amount field are displayed on the same line.
4) Remember to click on Save found in the menu on top of the form to save the changes you've made.
To check if the Amount Toggle Buttons now change based on gift type, click on Toggle Preview on top of the form.
5) The donation amounts should change when you selecting recurring gift.
Remember that you need to publish the form to make these changes live. To publish, go back to Toggle Design. Next, click on Form from the top menu and click on Publish Form.