Although Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) is an-easy-to-use fundraising and constituent management application, one of its limitations is its inability to process gifts. Therefore, Causeview Impact compliments this donor management system by allowing you to process gifts directly in NPSP. In this document, you will learn how simple it is to process a gift from the Contact or Account record by creating an opportunity and making a payment. The funds received will go to your payment gateway directly and the information will be captured in NPSP to reflect the payment.
Here are the steps to follow to process a new gift.
1) Go to the Contact or Account record you would like to process the new gift.
2) Scroll to Opportunity, and click on the New button.
3) A new window will pop up, and you will need to select "NPSP Default" and click "Next" to proceed.
4) You will be redirected to another new window where you can enter the details of the Opportunity. Please enter all the mandatory fields with the asterisks beside them and click "Save".
5) Once you have saved the opportunity, a new green pop-up will appear on the top of the screen to confirm the opportunity was created.
6) Navigate to the specific opportunity, and open the record.
7) Click on "Make Payment" in Gift Details.
8) Select and populate the relevant payment information and click "Next".
9) Select the General Accounting Unit you would like to allocate the gift to. You can click on "+ Add Allocation" if you would like to assign the gift to multiple General Accounting Units.
10) If soft credit is applicable (i.e. gift was influenced by an individual, e.g. Husband has influenced the wife to make a donation), you can click on "+ Add Soft Credit" to the gift, and you can assign the Individual solicitor and their role, and if the soft credit is full or partial amount of the gift. Click "Next" when finished.
11) You can review all the payment details before processing the donation. Click on "Submit" if the information is correct. You can click on "Previous" if you need to go back to previous pages to edit any information.
12) A confirmation window will appear to inform you the payment has been successful. You can click on "Close" to exit the window.
In this article, you learned that Causeview Impact can enhance Salesforce's NPSP by allowing you to process payments directly in your instance. This is just one of the many ways that Causeview helps make donor management simple. To process a gift in Salesforce NPSP, you simply need to create an opportunity for the Contact or Account, and click on the "Make Payment" button to fill out information pertaining to the specific payment. Having the ability to process payments directly in Salesforce NPSP can ultimately help improve your team's operational efficiency by not having to process the payment in another system and repopulating the information back in Salesforce.