Although Causeview Impact Designer allows you to specify allocation information for a Form in the backend, you are also able to add a Dynamic Appeal Selector on the Form to allow donors to select which appeal they would like to give to. The appeal the donor selects on the form will override the allocation information specified for the Form in the backend.
You can customize the list of Appeals the donor can choose from through Data Lists. You must create a Data List first to be able to use it with the Dynamic Appeal Selector.
Please note that when using a Dynamic Appeal Selector on the form, 100% of the donation gets allocated to the Appeal the donor selects.
This article covers how to:
Add a Dynamic Appeal Selection Control on a Form
1) On the left Control panel, under the Form Fields section, drag Dynamic Appeal Selection over to your desired area on the form.
2) A properties window will appear on your screen. Supply the following information:
"Please select a data list" - Enter the name of the Data List you wish to use.
"Please enter a label" - Allows you to change the label for the appeal drop down on the form. By default, the field is labeled "Appeal". For example, you may choose to change the label to "Please tell us how you heard about us".
Click on Add to Form when you are done.
3) Remember to save your changes by clicking on Save found on the menu on top of the form.
4) To publish your changes, go to Form from the top menu and click on Publish Form. A dialogue box will display asking you to confirm. Click on publish to continue.
Make Changes to your Appeal Data List
From time to time you may want to make adjustments to the list of Appeals that is displayed by the Dynamic Appeal Selector on the form. You can do this in 2 ways:
- Select a different Data List to use; OR
- You can edit the existing Data List that the form is already using
Select a Different Data List
1) Click on the Dynamic Appeal Selection control on the form to select it. Then, on the Properties panel on the right, click on the search icon beside Data List.
3) Click on Save from the menu on top of the form to save your changes. To publish your changes, navigate to Form and click on Publish Form.
Edit Existing Data List
1) If you would like to make changes to the existing Data List the Dynamic Appeal Selector on the form is already using, click on the Dynamic Appeal Selection Control on the form first to select it. Then on the Properties panel on the right, click on the edit icon beside the Data List.
2) A window will open, containing a list of Appeals in your Data List.
- "Default" - is the default appeal selected in the drop down menu when the donor goes to the form
- "Value" - is the Salesforce ID of the Appeal. This must always be populated with the correct Salesforce ID for the Appeal in Causeview or else the form will fail to write the allocation.
- "Label" - is the text the donor sees on the form
You can remove an appeal from the list by clicking on the red X beside the appeal. You can add new items by clicking on "Add Item".
Click on Save Data List to save any changes you make to the Data List. You must also remember to save the form by clicking on Save found in the menu on top of the form. To publish your changes, go to Form and click on Publish Form.