Causeview Impact Designer form engine gives you the opportunity to personalize the online forms by prepopulating information by passing values through the online form's URL link. This personalization would help improve your constituent's online donation experience since information unique to that donor is already prefilled which eliminates the need to manually enter some of the information, and will present information relevant and unique to that particular constituent.
This document will demonstrate the ease in personalizing the online form by assigning the reference name of the field and using the reference name in the form's URL.
1) Select the field that you want to be able to set a defined value on the form, and navigate to the Properties table.
2) Scroll down to "Reference Name", and assign a name to identify the field that you would like to pass a value through. For example, for the First Name field, we can assign the "Reference Name" as "fname".
3) Once you've assigned the "Reference Name", you can repeat steps 1-2 for other fields you would like to pass values through the form's URL. After you have set the "Reference Names", you can save the form to ensure the names have been assigned.
4) Publish the form to ensure live form can accept the newly assigned Reference Names of the fields you will be passing through the URL.
5) Click on the "Published" view to see the live form.
6) Once you open the published form, you can append the Reference Name of the fields and the value you want to appear on the form.
At the end of the form's URL, you would add the following condition:
For example, if you want the First Name field to show "John" since this online form will be sent to a constituent named John, you would set the Value as "John". And if you have assigned the Reference Name for First Name to be "FName", then you would use "FName" in the condition, see below:
Form URL with value passing through
You can also pass multiple values through the form's URL by simply adding an "&" symbol between the conditions. Please note the "?" is only required to be applied once after the original form URL.
?<Reference Name 1>=Value 1&<Reference Name 2>=Value 2&<Reference Name 3>=Value 3...
For example, if you want to send the online form's URL to the constituent John Smith, and you want to make it convenient for John Smith to fill out the form without having to enter his own name, you can pass both first and last name through the form URL. If you assigned the Reference Name for First Name to be "FName", and Reference Name for Last Name to be "LName", these would be the names used in the condition.
To summarize, Causeview Impact Designer Designer allows you to streamline the donation process prefilling values through the form's URL. As long as you have assigned the Reference Name to the desired fields, you can pass any value through the URL. The examples we have outlined in this document were only name fields, but the personalization opportunity is limitless since you can pass address information, gift amount (maybe referring to the constituent's last gift amount), gift type, etc.