A Data List contains the values that are used in picklists (such as dropdown menus) or toggle button groups (such as amount buttons).
From time-to-time, you will need to be able to edit your data lists so that the options you present to your supporters are always relevant and up-to-date.
Please note that editing a data list will update the options displayed on all the forms using said data list. To check which forms are using a data list, simply click on Forms beside the data list from the Data List Page.
There are two (2) ways to edit a Data List:
Editing a Data List from the Data List Page
From the Impact Designer homepage, go to Forms & Pages and click on Data Lists.
All of your existing Data Lists will be displayed on the page. Look for the data list you wish to edit.
- Properties - allows you to edit the data list name, description and category
- Items - allows you to edit the values contained within a data list
Edit Data List Properties
- Click on Properties beside the data list
- Edit the title (name), description or category and click on Save Changes.
Edit Data List Items
- Click on Items beside the data list.
- You can then update the following information:
Default Value - the value that is selected by default in the picklist
Value - the value written back into Salesforce when the form is submitted
Label - the text that is displayed on the form
Relationship Key - is used to define the values between parent and child fields for dependent picklists. Click here for more information on dependent picklists.
Click on the red X to remove items. When you are finished making your changes, click on Save Data List.
Editing a Data List from the Form
If you already have a picklist or toggle button group on the form and you wish to edit the default value or make changes to the options displayed within the picklist, you can edit the data list from the form itself.
First, you would need to click on the picklist or toggle button group to select it. Then, from the Properties Panel on the right, you can:
- Update the picklist or toggle button group to use a different Data List
- Edit the existing Data List Items
Use a Different Data List
- If you would like to assign a different data list for the picklist or toggle button group, simply click on the Search Icon beside Data List.
- You can specify a category at the top right corner to search for a data list by category. Click on Assign beside the data list you would like to use.
If you wish to create a new Data List to use, click on Create New at the bottom. Click here to learn more about how to create data lists.
Edit the Existing Data List Items
- If you would like to use the same data list and just want to edit the data list items, you can simply click Edit Icon beside Data List.
- You can then edit your data list items.
Remember to save your changes by clicking on Save on top of the form.
To publish your changes, go to Form and click on Publish Form.
Impact Designer makes editing data lists simple so you can quickly and easily make adjustments to your picklists and toggle button groups. Another advantage is that when you update a data list, it automatically updates all the forms using it.