Causeview Impact Designer gives you the opportunity to customize the gift amounts so you can tailor your online forms to your segmented audience such as offering a larger gift matrix to major gift donors, or smaller gift amounts to annual giving donors. Not only can you update the values, you can include text in the gift matrix to demonstrate how each gift amount will contribute towards your meaningful organizational mission.
This document will show you how to update the Data List that manages the back-end value that will write back into Causeview, and the front-end constituent facing label that shows up on the form.
1) Go to your particular online form, and select the gift matrix control.
2) Go to the control properties table on the right and select the pencil icon of the Data List to edit the gift amounts.
3) A new "Edit Data List" window will pop up for you to edit the gift amounts. You can edit and select the following to update your new gift amount data list. Once complete, click on "Save Data List".
"Value" - Amount that will write back into Causeview
"Label" - What will appear on the button on the online form (e.g. "$20 can feed a child")
"Default" - The defaulted button that will be preselected on the online form prior to user selection
"X" - Delete the row item
"+Add Item" - Add a new row item for a button to appear on the form and to write back into Causeview
4) You may notice you cannot save the Data List due to the following error message "This is a system data list, you are unable to make changes to it directly." This is because this standard gift matrix is Causeview's global data list which applies to all clients' instances, so you would need to clone the data list and cannot make any changes to this list. Click on "Clone List".
If you have cloned the data list before or have made copy of the original Causeview amount data list, you can just save the changes to reflect the updates made.
5) Update the name of the data list if it's a cloned list and click "OK" to save.
6) Once you've saved the data list, you will see the updated gift matrix on the form.
Updating the gift matrix on the online form is very simple as you can see from this training article by modifying the current data list related to the form by editing the back-end value and front-facing labels and saving the changes made. You can also update or create new a Amounts data list through the Data Lists page as opposed to through the form builder interface. If you are to create new data list through the form builder, the data list will be tied to the specific online form only; whereas if you are to create new data list through the Data List page, it will be available for selection on all forms.