Lighting is the next generation user interface for Salesforce to help improve productivity and the overall user experience.
Lightning is not just a change to the user interface but also a change to the framework for Salesforce Apps. This brings opportunities for enhanced interfaces and management for future development of Apps.
The Causeview Fundraising and Causeview Advancement apps support Salesforce Lighting.
Custom Causeview pages such as Recurring Gift Management, New Gift and others are fully converted to Lighting. Buttons to access these pages have also been converted to Lightning.
Customers have successfully migrated to Lighting and actively using it within their organization.
Below summary advises on some best practices for migrating to the Lighting Platform.
- Familiarize yourself with Lightning navigation and Basics. Salefsorce Trailhead Trail for 'Make the Move to Lighting Experience': https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/lex_admin_migration
- Perform the Salesforce Readiness Check on your Org, as recommended by Saleforce: https://admin.salesforce.com/lightning-readiness-check-evaluate-org
- Test your Salesforce Org in lighting on a Sandbox environment. This is highly recommended by Causeview as it will allow you to confirm all apps other then Causeview have been tested as well as you and your users are aware of the changes.
- Create a Sandbox
- Configure the Sandbox for Causeview
- Perform a test of overall functionality in Lightning of all your apps.
Its important to note that as a user logged into an org with Salesforce Lightning, you still have the ability to 'switch' your interface back to Classic. You may find yourself switching back and forth for a period of time until you and your users are fully comfortable in Lightning.
You may Contact Salesforce for additional support on the overall migration to Lightning.
Feel free to contact Causeview support if you have any questions regarding the Causeview App.