Salesforce requires that every Contact (Individual) created must be linked to an Account (Organization). In Causeview, we use the account lookup for an employment relationship. When you create a new Individual and leave the Account Name (Organization) blank, it automatically associates the Individual with an Individual Bucket Account. An Individual Bucket Account is essentially an Organization record that serves as a placeholder for all Individuals who are not associated with any specific Organization. As these buckets are placeholders our roll-up jobs do not sum transactions for all individuals connected to a bucket account.
Salesforce recommends that a record should have at maximum 10,000 look up to it. This means that only up to 10,000 Individuals can be associated with a specific account. When the limit is reached, we recommend that you create a new "Individual" Bucket Account where new Individuals created are then automatically associated to.
Create a new Individual Bucket Account
The first step is to create a new Account (Organization) record that will become your new Individual Bucket Account
- Navigate to Organizations.
- Click on "New".
- Select Organization as the record type and click on "Continue".
- Enter "Individual" as the Account (Organization) Name. To make it easier for you to distinguish between the former Individual Bucket Account and the new one you are creating, it may be helpful to put "New" beside the name so that it is entered as "Individual (New)". Another option may be to edit the former Individual Bucket Account to say "Individual (Old)". You can leave everything else on the page blank and click on "Save".
Update the Individual Bucket Account
The next step is to update your Causeview Settings in Causeview so that new Individuals created will be associated to the new Individual Bucket Account.
- Go to "+".
- Select "Causeview Settings" from the list of available tab
3. In the Causeview Settings page, under the Active Individual Bucket Account section click on the purple icon next to the Organization name to change the current bucket account to the new account you created.
4. After you click the icon, a drop down list will allow you to click on recently used organizations or search for the correct organization.
5. After you select your organization, press the checkmark button to save it.
Adding Historical Bucket Accounts
As your constituency grows your Individual bucket account may exceed 10000 which is more lookups than Salesforce recommends. You can create a new bucket account, but you must log the old bucket accounts for Causeview roll up jobs to avoid calculating data for bucket accounts.
To add historical bucket accounts navigate to the Causeview Settings tab. Press the Add New Historical Account button. Once you search for or select your historical organization, press Save.