Native Salesforce requires that every Contact (Individual) created must be linked to an Account (Organization). In Causeview, when you create a new Individual and leave the Account Name (Organization) blank, it automatically associates the Individual with the Individual Bucket Account. The Individual Bucket Account is essentially an Organization record that serves as a placeholder for all Individuals who are not associated with any specific Organization.
The Individual Bucket Account has a limit of 50,000 Individual records. This means that only up to 50,000 Individuals can be associated with this account. When the limit is reached, we recommend that you create a new "Individual" Bucket Account where new Individuals created are then automatically associated to.
The first step is to create a new Account (Organization) record that will become your new Individual Bucket Account
- Navigate to Organizations.
- Click on "New".
- Select Organization as the record type and click on "Continue".
- Enter "Individual" as the Account (Organization) Name. To make it easier for you to distinguish between the former Individual Bucket Account and the new one you are creating, it may be helpful to put "New" beside the name so that it is entered as "Individual (New)". Another option may be to edit the former Individual Bucket Account to say "Individual (Old)". You can leave everything else on the page blank and click on "Save".
The next step is to update your Causeview Settings in Causeview so that new Individuals created will be associated to the new Individual Bucket Account.
- Go to "+".
- Select "Causeview Settings" from the list of available tab
3. In the Causeview Settings page, under the Active Individual Bucket Account section click on the purple icon next to the Organization name to change the current bucket account to the new account you created.
4. After you click the icon, a drop down list will allow you to click on recently used organizations or search for the correct organization.
5. After you select your organization, press the checkmark button to save it.
Adding Historical Bucket Accounts
As your constituency grows your Individual may exceed 40000 which is more contacts than Salesforce recommends. You can create a new bucket account, but you must log the old bucket accounts for Causeview to track the individual accounts.
To add historical bucket accounts navigate to the Causeview Settings tab. Press the Add New Historical Account button. Once you search for or select your historical organization, press Save.