At year-end, there are certain jobs in Causeview that need to be run. These jobs create new Transactions for Recurring Gifts, and create consolidated receipts. This article outlines the year-end process that each Causeview Administrator is encouraged to follow.
If you structure your Campaigns and Appeals to align with your fiscal or calendar year, then a new setup of Campaign and Appeal records needs to be created. For example, if you have a 2015 Individual Giving Campaign which has a set of 2015 Appeals underneath, then you would need to create a 2016 Individual Giving Campaign with a set of 2016 Appeals underneath.
Old Campaign and Appeal records that are no longer going to be used may need to be set to "Inactive". You may set a Campaign/Appeal to inactive by deselecting the "Active" checkbox in the Campaign/Appeal record. Please note that inactive Campaigns and Appeals do not show up in your search results when searching for Campaigns and Appeals. However, you can still report on inactive Campaigns and Appeals.
Once you've set up new Campaigns and Appeals for the next year, you would need to also update an Actionforms or Actionpages to map to the new Appeals.
Please do not run this portion of the Year-End Process until Causeview has notified you that our automated Year-End process has been completed.
Year-end is usually a time for issuing consolidated receipts. As a Causeview Administrator, you can schedule a job to automatically create consolidated receipts for all transactions where the receipt type has been set to "Consolidated".
To schedule the Year-End Consolidated Receipt Job, please follow these instructions:
- Go to Setup.
- On the left side of the page, you will find a heading called "App Setup" (in some instances, this is labeled as "Build"), expand the Develop menu.
- Under Develop, click on Apex Classes.
- A list of Apex Classes will be displayed on your screen. On top of the list, click on "Schedule Apex" button.
- Provide the following information:
- Job Name: ConsolidatedReceiptYearEnd
- Apex Class: search and select "ConsolidatedReceiptScheduler"
- Schedule for a one-time run
- Monitor the job to confirm completion.
- In Setup, on the left side of the page, you will find a heading called "Monitor". Expand the Job menu.
- Under Jobs, click on Apex Jobs.
- Look for the job with the Apex called "ConsolidatedReceiptScheduler". The status will update to "Completed" when the job is complete.