In Causeview, pledges are entered as Opportunities where you can specify the pledge amount you hope to raise from the donor and keep track of your progress through opportunity stages. Once a pledge opportunity is created, you can then create a pledge plan which includes how many installments the donor wishes to make, installment dates and amounts and where the donor wishes the funds be allocated to.
Pledge Opportunities can be created for both individual donors as well as organizations.
In this guide, you will learn;
- how to create a new pledge opportunity,
- create a pledge plan,
- and how to add a payment to a pledge plan.
How to create a New Pledge Opportunity
In order to create a Pledge Plan, you must first create a New Pledge Opportunity.
1. Go to the Opportunities object.
2. On the top right-hand side click “New”.
3. Select the record type “Pledge”, click “Next”.
4. Fill in the required fields. If you are processing a payment in real-time, set the Stage Name to “Closed Won”. Once everything is inputted correctly, click “Save”.
How to create a Pledge Plan
A Pledge Plan is where you can set up the details of a donor’s pledge, it requires you to have a Pledge Opportunity. You'll be able to setup a schedule with projected dates of payments that will be received. These Pledge Plan records can be written off and updated as required.
1. In the New Pledge Opportunity where it states Pledge Details, click on “Create Pledge Plan”.
2. Enter in the Installment Details. Once entered correctly, click “Create Pledge”.
3. On this page, you are required to pick what General Accounting Unit it goes to. If you wish to have their entire pledge go to one General Accounting Unit, click “Apply to Remaining”. If your donor wants their pledge to go to different General Accounting Units, click “Add General Accounting Unit”. Once completed click “Save”.
4. Click “Ok” to confirm that you want to submit your current Pledge Plan. This will lead you to a success page that confirms that your Plan Created.
How to add a Payment on a Pledge Plan
1. Once you have created a New Pledge Opportunity and a Pledge Plan and its time for your donor to make a payment, click on “Make Payment”.
Note you can only make a payment once the Pledge Opportunity Stage is set to 'Closed Won'. This is typically once you've received a firm commitment from the donor or start to receive the first payment.
2. Enter the required Payment Details. Once completed click “Next”.
3. On this page, the Pledge Installments and Allocations reflect the details in the Pledge Plan. If you wish to add or change the General Accounting Unit, click on “Add General Accounting Unit” fill in the desired General Accounting Until, then click “Next”. If not, click “Next”.
4. The next page outlines the Payment, Installment, and Allocation details, click on “Next” to confirm that the details are correct.
5. Click “Ok” to confirm that you want to submit your payment. This will lead you to a page that confirms that your payment has been successfully created.