Although Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) is an-easy-to-use fundraising and constituent management application, one of its limitations is its inability to process gifts. Causeview Donations compliments NPSP by allowing you to process gifts directly and add recurring gifts. In this document, you will learn how simple it is to add a Recurring Donation.
1. Go to the Recurring Donations object and click "New" to create a Recurring Gift.
2. Enter all the required information. When choosing the Open Ended Status you are presented with 3 options.
- Open: When you set the status to “Open” you automatically create a recurring payment every month for a year. Once the recurring gift has finished, the system will create a new set of recurring payments for the next 12 months.
- Closed: When you are looking to cancel a recurring gift, set the status to “Closed”. This will force the recurring gift to end and will delete any scheduled payments. Note: Once closed, the Recurring Donation cannot be reopened.
- None: When you set the status to “None” you create a recurring payment for the next year. Once the recurring gift has finished, this option will not create a new set of recurring gifts for the next year.
Once completed, click "Save".
3. On the Recurring Donation Record, click on “Recurring Profile”.
4. Click "Add".
5. Select a payment option and fill in the required fields. Then click “Submit”.
You will enter the Credit Card details and any missing Address information. This information will be stored securely in the Payment Gateway (Safesave).
6. Once submitted successfully, you will be able to see the Recurring Profile information.