Impact Events allow you to utilize any mobile device to quickly check-in, update information, and swap attendees. This document will teach you how to do the following three.
To check-in an attendee using the QR code, you first need to download a QR code scanning app as well as be granted Event Device Access. In order to do so, follow these steps:
1. On your mobile device download a QR code scanning app
2. In Impact, in Events, click on the event name
3. This will direct you to Event Manager. Navigate to Device Access and click “Generate Access Code”
Note: The purpose of this code is to give a device temporary access to Causeview’s Event Manager. With it, the user will be able to view and check-in tickets for your event.
4. To enable your devices, browse the link provided on your device and enter in the generated code
5. Open your QR code scanning app and scan the ticket’s QR code
6. The browser will open to the ticket, click the ellipse to open options and select 'Check-in ticket'
7. To know you successfully have checked in your attendee, the icon beside the ticket holder’s name will change to a checkmark
Note: You can also successfully check-in an attendee by manually searching the ticket holder’s name and click the ellipses to open options and select check-in.
Updating Attendee Information
Once you have found the ticket, you can update their information following these steps:
Click on the Edit icon on the right to edit the ticket
2. Now you can update any information the ticket allows you to
- Assigned Ticket: You’re able to update any information besides the First Name and Email.
- Unassigned Ticket: You’re able to update all the information. When you populate the First Name and Email and save the information, then the ticket will be assigned and you will no longer be able to update those two fields.