You may want the ability to create a new fundraising page on the fly; However, donors could be hesitant donating to impact.causeview.com. Now you can keep them on your web domain while leveraging Impact pages.
You have the option to map a domain or subdomain to your campaign URL by creating a CNAME in your domain hosted DNS settings. You must have a SSL certificate to be able to set up domain masking.
Each hosting service has a different way of creating CNAME records. Guidelines are provided here for some of the common services. When in doubt, check with your domain provider for additional help or instructions.
- Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com.
- Open the Domains tab and select My Domain Names. You'll be directed to the Domain Manager page.
- Click the domain that you'd like to use.
- Click the Total DNS Control and MX Records link at the bottom of the section entitled Total DNS.
- Click Add New CNAME Record in the box labelled CNAMES (aliases). If you've already created a CNAME record for the address you want for your fundraising pages, click on the pencil icon next to the existing CNAME record.
- For the Name field, enter only the word you want to use for your masked URL (for example, if you want fundraise.yourdomain.org as your masked URL, enter fundraise here).
- Enter impactapi.causeview.com in the Points To. Specify a TTL or use the default setting of 1 hour.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
- Log in to your account at https://admin.1and1.com
- If it's not already selected, click on the Administration tab.
- Click Domains. The Domain Overview page appears.
- From the New drop-down menu, select Create Subdomain. (If you've already created a subdomain for your fundraising pages, skip to step 6).
- Enter only the subdomain you want to use and click on OK (for example, if you want fundraise.yourdomain.org as your masked URL, enter fundraise here).
- Select the checkbox next to the subdomain that you will be using.
- From the DNS menu, select Edit DNS Settings.
- Click the radio button next to CNAME.
- Enter impactapi.causeview.com next to Alias.
- Click on OK.
- Log in to your account at smallbusiness.yahoo.com.
- Click Domain Control Panel below the domain you'd like to use with your fundraising pages.
- Click Manage Advanced DNS Settings.
- Click Add Record.
- In the Source field, enter only the CNAME you want to use (for example, if you want fundraise.yourdomain.org as your masked URL, enter fundraise here).
- Enter impactapi.causeview.com in the Destination field.
- Click Submit.
- Log in to your account at No-IP.
- On the menu on the left, click Host/Redirects.
- Click Manage underneat Host/Redirects.
- Click Add for a new entry or click Modify (skip to step 6 for an existing entry).
- Enter the host name (for example, if you want fundraise.yourdomain.org as your masked URL, enter fundraise here) and select your domain name.
- Select DNS Alias CNAME as the host type.
- Enter impactapi.causeview.com as the Target Host and click on Modify.