Causeview Impact Designer has a variety of control fields to capture various type of information. Datepicker control allows constituents to conveniently select a past/present/future date from a calendar widget. In this article, you will learn where to access the datepick control and the minimal configuration required to use this field.
Here are the steps to add a datepick control:
1) In the form builder, navigate to the Form fields on the left hand side, and drag over the Datepicker control to the desired form area.
2) Once the datepicker control has been added to the form area. Ensure the New Date control is highlighted, and navigate to the properties panel on the right to update the Label Text (title of the date field) and Mapping to assign to the appropriate object and field in Salesforce.
3) For more advanced options, you can go to Field Data and Validation section (please ensure you are in advanced mode) in the properties panel and click on the magnifying glass for "Plugin Config".
4) A new window will pop up and you can update the Datepicker configuration. The "Allow Past Dates" is checked automatically and you can unselect this checkbox if you do not wish to accept past dates. For "Max Date (In Days)" field, you can specify the number of days from present day that the constituent can select from. For instance, if you enter "10" for "Max Date (In Days)" field, the constituent will be able to choose the date up to 10 days beyond present day (e.g. today's date is November 12, 2018, if you specify 10 days, then the constituent can only select up to November 22, 2018).
UK Direct Debit Start Date customization
For UK Clients, you can further customize UK Direct Debit Start Date with the plugin feature by following these simple steps:
1) Ensure your date control is selected on the form and navigate to the properties panel and scroll down to Field Data and Validation section, and go to Field Plugin and click on the dropdown arrow to select the "UK Direct Debit Start Date" option.
2) Go to Plugin Config and click on the magnifying glass.
3) A new window will appear where you can further customize the following details, and you click "Save" once finished.
To summarize, Causeview Impact Designer's Datepicker control can improve your donor's online donation experience by allowing them to easily select a date from the past, present or future from a calendar interface. Aside from its ease to select from the constituent's perspective, it is also very simple to set up. Simply dragging the datepicker control over to the form, assign mapping and updating the plugin feature will allow you to offer date selections on your custom forms.