Causeview Impact Designer helps you optimize your online fundraising by accepting donations in other currencies by international donors. Offering donors the option to make the donation in their preferred currency will ultimately improve their online donation experience and encourage more international donors to give. If your organization is set up with multiple merchant accounts to accept different currencies, this article will illustrate how we can help you set up the currency data list on the back-end, and with a few configuration steps on your end, you can begin processing multi-currency donations from your custom donation forms.
Here are the steps:
1) Please ensure your organization is set up with multiple merchant accounts to handle the different currencies. Submit a ticket on Causeview's help portal or email Causeview support team directly at email@example.com to let us know you are interested in setting up multi-currency selection on Impact Designer.
2) Causeview support team will create the Currency data list for you where you can find in the Data Lists page.
3) If you select the Currency data list, you can view and update the labels that will appear on the form. Please note you cannot update the value that will map back to Causeview on the back-end as this may affect the merchant account allocation.
4) Go to the form designer of the form you would like to offer the multi-currency selection.
5) On the left control panel, add a new drop down to the desired area of the form.
6) Select the new dropdown control and navigate to the right properties panel to rename the label in "Label Text", and assign the newly created currency data list by clicking on the magnifying glass on "Data List".
7) A new window will appear, scroll through the list to find the "Currency" data list and click on the "Assign" button.
8) In the properties panel, scroll down to "Field Data and Validation" section and go to "Field Plugin" and select "Currency Selection".
9) In the same "Field Data and Validation" section, you can select on the "Skip Mapping" checkbox since the "Currency Selection" field plugin in the previous step automatically assigns the mapping, so no further manual mapping is necessary.
10) Click "Close Panel" to leave the control properties panel.
The multi-currency selection is now set up. Please note that you will not be able to verify in Toggle Preview mode to confirm that the donation will go to the appropriate merchant account in that specific currency. You would need to make a real donation if you would like to validate this multi-currency selection change.
In this article, we learn how Causeview Impact Designer can allow your organization to accept donations in different currency to acommodate your international donor requirements. If you have the merchant accounts set up already, please inform our Causeview Support team to help set up the currency data list for you to assign in your currency dropdown field that you can add to your custom form and further configure. If you don't have multiple merchant accounts set up yet, please contact your payment gateway directly to create the additional merchant account(s) to support other currency type.