A Data List contains the available picklist options that will appear in the Dropdown List and their corresponding values that will write back to Causeview/Salesforce. You can set the default of the Data List to ensure a particular picklist option is preselected for the donors, which can improve overall online donation experience for the donors. For example, if your form is targeted to Canadian donors, you may have to set the default country as Canada so the donor doesn't need to scroll through the list to select Canada as their country.
In this article, you will learn the 2 different ways in changing the default of a Data List.
Change the default through Data List page:
1) From the Impact Designer home page, go to the Data List page under the "Forms & Pages" tab.
2) Go to the desired Data List, and click on the name of the Data List or "Items" button.
3) Select the new default by checking off the desired checkbox and clicking "Save Data List".
Change the default of Data List on Form:
1) On the form, navigate to the control with the Data List you would like to update. Once you select the control, you can go to the Default Value section in the Properties panel on the right.
2) Click on the arrow of the Default Value section to select a new default for the specific Data List.
3) Once the new default value is selected, the change will automatically be reflected on the form. And you can simply click on "Close Panel" on the bottom right corner to exit the properties panel.
Data Lists allow you to control what labels to appear on the form on the front-end and what values to map back to Causeview/Salesforce on the back-end. Setting a default value can improve your constituents' convenience if you set the common selection as the default of the Data List. There are two ways to change the default value of any data list, you can either go to the Data Lists page and update the data list, or you can update the Default Value on the control's property in the form designer.