Causeview Impact Designer offers your donors the flexibility to make a one-time or recurring donation through the online donation form. Not only will your donors be able to select the gift type, but the suggested gift amounts will reflect the gift type selection to ensure the amounts are relevant. For instance, if a donor would like to make a one-time gift of $100, another donor may not necessarily want to give $100 on a monthly basis, and may opt to give $10 a month instead. Therefore, we understand the importance of presenting your donors with appropriate gift amounts reflective of their desired gift type.
In this article, you will learn how simple it is to swap the gift amounts In Impact Designer through a control called "One Time vs Recurring Amounts" by following these steps.
1) In the left control panel, under "Form Fields", select and drag the "One Time vs Recurring Amounts" control to the form's donation section.
2) A new window will pop up to prompt you to select the data list for One-Time and Recurring gifts. It will also give you a preview of each list so you can visualize before adding to the form. You can select a new data list by entering the name of the data list in the search field before the magnifying glass. Please note you can only select the data list that currently exist in your list of data lists, therefore, you may need to create a new data list if you don't like any of the amounts from current data lists. Once you are content with the gift amounts, you can click on "Add to Form".
3) The recurring gift matrix will now appear on the form. You can arrange its position and update its data list if necessary like any other data lists.
4) On the recurring gift checkbox, nagivate to the right checkbox properties panel and scroll down to "Reference Name". Please ensure you are in "Advanced" mode in the properties panel at the top right corner in order to see and update the "Reference Name" in Advanced Properties. Enter "isrec" in the "Reference Name" field.
5) After the reference name is assigned, you can remove the original gift matrix by clicking on "Delete Control" at the bottom left corner of the properties panel.
6) You can confirm the gift matrices alter between the two gift type selections by verifying in Toggle Preview mode.
Causeview Impact Designer allows you to present custom gift matrices depending on gift type to help you improve your overall donor's online donation experience. With the "One Time vs Recurring Amounts" control, you can simply drag this feature over, assign the recurring checkbox's reference name and begin to use the gift amount swap functionality.