Causeview Impact Designer can help protect your organization against fraudulent online donation submissions by allowing you to add a Google reCAPTCHA or a Google reCAPTCHA based on a minimum amount to your online donation forms.
Google reCAPTCHA prevents potential form submission made by a robot since it requires the donor to actively check the box to verify they are a human or to actively select the image(s) based on a certain criteria. This article will focus on Google reCAPTCHA Minimum Amount which display the Google reCAPTCHA when the donor makes a donation under a certain threshold that you assign. Since some cyber thieves test their stolen credit cards by making a small donation to preserve the funds in the stolen credit card, only displaying the Google reCAPTCHA based on a minimum would not interfere with your real donors' experience with the regular Google reCAPTCHA.
For example, it's not common for your donors to make a $1 donation to your organization through the online form but is a common amount that cyber thieves make to validate their stolen credit cards. Therefore, if you set the Google reCAPTCHA to only appear if a constituent makes a donation under $5, this could prevent the small fraudulent form submissions.
Here are the simple steps to follow when creating Google reCAPTCHA:
1) On the right Control panel, under Form Fields section, drag the Google reCAPTCHA Minimum Amount over to the desired form area.
2) A new Properties Wizard will pop up to prompt you to enter a minimum amount where the Google reCAPTCHA will only appear if the donor selects or enters a value below this minimum amount. After you have entered your desired minimum amount, click "Add to Form" to save changes.
3) The Google reCAPTCHA Minimum Amount control is now added to your form. If you need to update the minimum amount, you can click on the control and navigate to the right ReCaptcha Properties panel and select the Custom Config's magnifying glass beside Plugin Config under Field Data and Validation.
4) A new window called Amount Threshold Configuration will appear where you can update the new minimum amount for the Google ReCAPTCHA to appear. Click "Save" when complete.
5) You can verify the Google reCAPTCHA Minimum Amount control is successfully configured by testing it in Toggle Preview. If you specify an amount lower than the assigned minimum amount, the Google reCAPTCHA should now appear.
To conclude, to prevent and minimize potential fraudulent online form submissions to your organization, Causeview Impact Designer allows you to Google reCAPTCHA Minimum Amount control to your custom online donation forms. This would ultimately mitigate the risk of having malicious bots mass submit small donations to your forms to verify their stolen credit card information since the Google reCAPTCHA will appear only if the specified amount is lower than the one you assign.
To add and configure Google reCAPTCHA Minimum Amount control is fairly easy, you simply drag the field to the form, assign the minimum amount and you can go back and reassign/update the minimum amount.
Both Google reCAPTCHA and Google reCAPTCHA Minimum Amount options are available on Causeview Impact Designer to help you avoid fraudulent form activity based on your form needs.