Although Causeview Impact Designer allows you to allocate the form to multiple appeals and assign the distribution of the appeals on the backend, you can also allow the donor to select which appeal he or she would like to give to on the form. The donor's appeal selection would override the initial assigned appeal on the form. You can control which appeals the donor can select on the form through managing the Data List. Please note that if you allow donors to select which appeal they would like to give to, the donor may only select one appeal where 100% of their donation will go towards that specific appeal only.
Here are a few simple steps to add the Dynamic Appeal Selection for donors to choose the appeal they would like to donate to:
1) On the left Control panel, under the Form Fields section, drag the Dynamic Appeal Selection over to the form to your desired area.
2) A new window labeled Properties Wizard will pop up with the following 3 items:
"Please select a data list" - You can enter the name of the data list in the search to retrieve your specific date list. Please note that the system will default to the "Active Appeals" data list that was set up by Causeview during initial Causeview Impact Designer configuration. You are able to update the "Active Appeals" data list by cloning the list in the later stages.
"Data List Preview" - Allows you to see the items that will appear in the drop down on the form for donors to select.
"Please enter a label" - You can update the label (wording that will appear on the form to describe the drop down. E.g. You can populate label with "Please select an appeal you would like to give to")
Once you are complete, click on "Add to Form" button on the bottom right of the window.
3) If you would like to make updates to the data list, you can select the control and navigate to the right Dropdown List Properties panel. Click on the yellow pencil icon of the Data List.
4) A new Edit Data List window will pop up for you to view the Value (items that will write back into Causeview) and Label (how it will appear in the drop down to the donor). You can modify the values and labels of the data list and click on "Save Data List" when complete.
5) A message will appear at the bottom to confirm how you would like to save the modified data list. Since the "Active Appeals" data list is used across many forms, if you were to click on "Save Data List", it will save over the original "Active Appeals" data list and affect all the other forms. If you would like to only use this new modified data list for this particular form, click on "Clone List" to make a copy of the "Active Appeals" list so that this new data list does not impact other forms.
6) If you click on "Clone List", a new window will appear at the top for you to assign a new name for the updated data list. Click "OK" when you are complete.
To summarize, Causeview Impact Designer offers two ways to set up your form appeal(s), A) set up appeals on the form level under Settings and B) add the Dynamic Appeal Selection field to the form for donors to choose the appeal. Although it is great to set up the appeals on the form level and be able to allocate the form to multiple appeals and split the appeal distribution accordingly, there may be instances where you would like to offer the donor the opportunity to select the appeal they would like to give to. As outlined above, adding the Dynamic Appeal Selection field to the form and updating the data list is very simple to follow. You can easily clone your current "Active Appeals" data list and modify its items according to the form.