Causeview Impact Designer allows you to manage the visibility of controls you want to expose or hide on the online form. Instead of removing a control directly from the form, you can set the control to be hidden which gives you the flexibility on when you want to show or conceal the control.
For example, for a particular online donation form, you want to temporarily hide the recurring gift option since you only want to solicit one-time gifts for a set period. Since the recurring gift option has preassigned data mapping, it would be simpler to hide the recurring gift option as opposed to removing the recurring gift option and adding it back in later.
This article will outline the steps to hide the control. We will go over two sample types of controls to hide: Checkbox and a Drop Down List.
How to hide a checkbox:
1) Go to the checkbox you want to hide, and go to the "CSS Class" section of the control properties window on the right under "Colors and Styling".
2) Type in "hide" in the CSS Class. You will notice how the checkbox has now disappeared on the form.
How to hide a Drop Down List
1) Similar to hiding a checkbox, you would select the desired Drop Down List to hide, and go to the "CSS Class" section of the control properties window on the right under "Colors and Styling".
2) Type in "hide" in the CSS Class. You will notice how the Drop Down has now disappeared on the form. However, the label of the Drop Down control is still visible.
3) Now to hide the label of the Drop Down, go to "Label Position" under "Attached Label", and select "Hide Label".
4) The label and the Drop Down will now both disappear. You can now save the form, see it in Toggle Preview mode or continue on with other changes if necessary.
As you can see, with Causeview's Impact Designer form engine, you can easily hide various types of control by simply typing the word "hide" in the CSS Class field. Having the ability to manage which fields are exposed or hidden will give you the convenience of managing what appears on the form at any time without permanently removing/adding controls and reconfiguring the controls when added back. This feature to hide the control will ultimately save you time and effort when creating and updating your custom online donation forms.