In addition to customizing the appearance and field mapping of online forms, Causeview Impact Designer also allows you to assign single or multiple allocation(s) to a specific form. You can control which appeal(s) and fund(s) the donations received from the online form should go to. For multiple appeals and/or funds, you can also assign the percentage the donation should be distributed towards the different appeals and funds. Furthermore, you can update or add allocations to the online form anytime with a few simple steps that will be demonstrated in this document.
Before we begin to show you where to assign the allocation to the form, we want to direct your attention on where to retrieve the latest information of your active appeals or funds. Since active appeals or new funds may be added into your Causeview instance at any time, you may need to refresh the Active Appeals or the All Funds data list to retrieve the latest appeals in your instance.
How to refresh Active Appeals or All Funds Data Lists
1) Go to Forms at the top navigation bar and select Data Lists.
2) Go to the Active Appeals or All Funds Data List, and click on the "Refresh" button.
3) The Active Appeals or All Funds items window will pop up, and click on "Save Data List".
How to add/update allocation to an online form
1) In the form designer mode of the particular form you would like to update, go to "Settings" at the top, and select "Allocation"
2) Once you have selected "Allocation", a window will pop up to prompt you to add/update allocation. If no allocation has been assigned, click on "Add Allocation" to first select the Appeal and Fund, and allocate the percentage going towards that appeal and fund. If an Appeal and Fund have already been selected, you can update the records by selecting new picklist value in the dropdown. If you need to allocate the donation from this online form to multiple appeal(s) and/or fund(s), you can select "Add Allocation" to add more rows of allocation. For multiple allocations, please remember the total percentage needs to add up to 100% (e.g. 60% to Appeal A and Fund A, and 40% to Appeal B and Fund B)
3) Save the form to ensure allocation details are in effect.
In summary, with a few simple clicks, you are able to add and update allocation details for each of your unique custom online forms. Please remember if you do not see the appeal and/or fund when adding/updating the allocation on the form through the form builder interface, you may need to refresh the data list first.